$ 500.000 Bank Deposit
$ 400.000 Real Estate
Time to Citizenship
5 - 7 Months
Visa Free Acceess
110 + Countries & Territories
The Presidential Decree No. 106 (“Decree”), which was published in the Official Gazette on September 19, 2018, and which took effect on that date, amended Article 20 of the Regulation on the Implementation of the Turkish Nationality Law (“Regulation”), which specifies the exceptional circumstances under which Turkish nationality is obtained.
A new requirement has also been included in Article 20 of the Regulation in order to acquire Turkish citizenship. In accordance with this, Turkish citizenship can be obtained through a Presidential decree if the Capital Markets Board determines that a foreigner has acquired a share of an investment property fund or venture capital fund with a minimum requested value of foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira.
Focused on two popular programs which are; real estate investment and bank deposit investment. Investors are required to maintain the real estate purchase or the bank deposit for a holding period of 3 years. After 3 years, the investor may sell the property or withdraw the money with interest.
For detailed information about acquiring Turkish citizenship by investing through a bank: https://celiktas.av.tr/acquisition-of-turkish-citizenship-through-bank-deposit-500000-and-yuvam-account/
For detailed information about acquiring Turkish citizenship through real estate acquisition: https://celiktas.av.tr/acquisition-of-turkish-citizenship-by-real-estate-investment/
Investors who are above least 18 years of age may apply for a citizenship program with his/her spouse and under 18 children.
Process of the Obtaining Turkish Citizenship:
The procedure is divided into three (three) phases:
- Fulfilling the on eof the investment conditions (bank deposit/real estate) and obtaning the certificate of conformity shows that investor invested the required amount and the applicant is eligible to apply turkish citizenship program.
- Obtaning a short-term residence permit. Once the certificate of conformity received, the residence permit application will be made on behalf of the client, and in 2-3 weeks the residence permit card will be delivered. The residence permit validty will be 1 year.
- Submitting the citizenship application and in 2-4 months receiving the approval letter from ministry of interior shows that the investor and his/her fmaily became a citizens.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does my application cover my family as well?
Yes, your wife and children under 18 or your dependent children over 18 can apply with the main applicant. If you desire, the family of the main applicant can apply after the main applicant becomes a Turkish citizen.
2. Can I buy more than one property and apply for citizenship?
Yes, you can buy more than one ready property provided that their total value is USD 400.000. Application can not apply more than one under construction properties to the citizenship programme.
3. Can Syrians not living in Turkey apply for citizenship?
Yes, they can apply for citizenship. However, they cannot apply via purchasing property since Syrians are not allowed to purchase property in Turkey. But they can apply by depositing USD 500.000 or buying governmental bonds in the amount of USD 500.000.
4. If my children are under 18 when making the application and they become over 18 when the application is finalized, can they still apply under the main applicant’s file?
Yes, they can apply under the main applicant’s file. Only 2 more documents are needed for the kid turned 18, civil status certificate and power of attorney.
5. Do I have to come to Turkey for the application process or can you handle everything by power of attorney?
We can handle almost everything by power of attorney. The main applicant has to come to Turkey only once the conformity letter is obtained before the residence permit application just to give fingerprints.
6. How long does the application process take?
It takes approximately 2-4 months, however, due to the number of application files; such duration may be shortened or extended.