$ 280.000 Donation (30 year old building)
$ 500.000 (new building)
Time to Citizenship
Visa Free Access
186 Countries & Territories
Foreigners who want to become Portuguese citizens can apply for the Portugal Golden Visa program. This program provides Portugal’s passport and citizenship to those who invest in Portugal. The Portugal Golden Visa program is a 5-year investment-based residence permit process for non-European Union citizens. The applicant and his/her family are provided with citizenship and a passport. It is possible to acquire citizenship at the end of 5 years without moving to Portugal full time, staying in the country for only 7 days per year.
For the citizenship by investment program in Portugal, a residence permit is first obtained and then Portuguese citizenship is acquired. In order to acquire Portuguese citizenship, it is necessary to speak Portuguese at least at A2 level. Applicants must take the CIPLE exam, which came into force in 2006. Applicants are required to have daily comprehension and speaking skills in Portuguese.
Requirements to apply for Golden Visa:
- Must be over 18 years of age
- No criminal record both in Portugal and in your home country
- It is required to know Portuguese at A2 level
- Need to open a bank account in Portugal and obtain a tax number
- You should stay in Portugal at least 7 days a year
Investment options to apply for the Golden Visa program:
- Start a company in Portugal that creates at least 10 new jobs.
- Transfer at least €250,000 for the reconstruction of the national heritage or into arts/culture.
- Invest at least €280,000 into the purchase of properties aged over 30 years for renovation.
- Invest at least €500,000 into the purchase of newer commercial or residential real estate.
- Invest at least €500,000 into the purchase of investment funds or venture capital fund units.
- Invest at least €500,000 into financing scientific research activities.
- Invest at least €500,000 into a local company or business to create at least five jobs.
- Make at least €1,500,000 capital transfer to Portugal.
Family members who can be included in the application:
- Children under the age of 18.
- Dependent children who are up to 26 years of age.
- Parents who are over 65 years of age and depend on you financially.
- Siblings who are under 26 years of age, depend on you financially and are in your custody.